The Boston Preservation Alliance is the city’s primary non-profit advocacy organization dedicated to historic preservation. Through advocacy, education, and awareness the Alliance plays an essential role in shaping the future of Boston. Available positions will be shared below. Links to downloadable PDFs of open positions are at the bottom of the page.
Board of Young Advisors
Thank you for your interest in the Boston Preservation Alliance (BPA) Young Advisors (YA) Board. We appreciate that you are considering volunteering your valuable time, energy, and expertise to our group. The purpose of this application is for us to get to know you so that we can assess why you are interested in joining us, what you will bring to the
YAs, and what the YAs can offer you. We are currently looking to increase the diversity of our board by welcoming new members from varying personal and professional backgrounds. Please do not hesitate to tell us about your relevant experiences in fields other than preservation!
Applicants interested in serving as a Young Advisor should first read and understand the expectations and rules of membership as outlined below.
BPA Young Advisor Expectations
- Support the Mission Statement of the BPA.
- Actively engage with the community to represent the organization.
- Share his/her expertise and skills to the benefit of the organization.
- Attend and volunteer in the BPA’s programs and activities.
- Attend at least two-thirds (eight) of the monthly YA meetings unless excused by the President.
- Remain educated of the activities of the BPA.
- Declare conflicts of interest as they pertain to your position within the BPA and excuse yourself from discussions and votes when appropriate.
- Serve on at least one BPA committee.
- Actively participate in the planning of and attend YA programs and activities, including fundraising efforts.