Built in 1859, this 3-story Italianate double house is a contributing property to the Roxbury Highlands Historic District. A school and childcare center occupied half of the building. New connections were made between the two halves of the building; the basement was rehabilitated for classroom use; the existing kitchen was renovated; and additions were designed to blend with the house's historic character. All of these changes have maintained the house's extraordinary architectural detail, including marble fireplaces, door and window moldings, plaster moldings, wood floors and an octagonal cupola at the roof.
Owner/Developer: Joe Cook & Angela Paige Cook
Designer: Gail Sullivan Associates, Inc.