- Advocacy Information Center
The Boston Preservation Alliance values your support of its efforts to positively influence the future of Boston’s historic buildings, landscapes, and communities. Membership in the Alliance gives you the opportunity to support our city’s one-of-a-kind resources and have a say in the future of your Boston.
We hope that you will consider joining the Alliance today, and do your part to preserve Boston’s invaluable heritage!
Organizational Members provide essential connections between the Alliance and historic preservation issues in various parts of the community. The Alliance’s role as an umbrella organization encompasses a diversity of interests through our organizational members. Neighborhood preservation advocacy groups, historical societies and historic sites, museums, and other types of non-profits are all part of the Alliance. We, in turn, provide advocacy assistance to our Organizational Members, and each appoints two delegates to vote on matters pertaining to the Alliance's governance at our Annual Meeting. The Alliance promotes the events and activities sponsored by our Organizational Members and we commonly work together on joint programming.
We welcome inquiries from organizations that share the Alliance's vision to improve tomorrow's built heritage and would like to join our growing body of Organizational Members.
If your organization would like to work with the Alliance, please contact us anytime at 617-367-2458.
- Art Deco Society of Boston
- Beacon Hill Civic Association
- Boston Athenaeum
- Boston Building Resources
- Boston By Foot
- The Bostonian Society
- Bricklayers & Allied Craftsmen, Union Local 3
- Brighton-Allston Historical Society
- Charlestown Preservation Society
- Chinese Historical Society of New England
- Congregational Library and Archives
- Dorchester Historical Society
- Eliot School
- The Esplanade Association
- Friends of Historic Mission Hill
- Friends of the Public Garden
- Gibson House Museum
- Historic Boston Incorporated
- Historic New England
- Jamaica Plain Historical Society
- Museum of African American History
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Neighborhood Association of the Back Bay
- New England Chapter, Society of Architectural Historians
- Nichols House Museum
- North Bennet Street School
- North End Historical Society
- Old North Foundation
- Old South Meeting House
- Paul Revere Memorial Association
- Preservation Massachusetts
- South Boston Historical Society
- South End Historical Society
- Trinity Church Boston
- The Victorian Society in America, New England Chapter
- The Vilna Shul, Boston's Center for Jewish Culture
- The West End Museum
Accredited colleges and universities that offer classes in historic preservation related fields are eligible for Institutional Membership. Institutions that are members of the Alliance appoint two delegates to represent their institution and vote on matters pertaining to the Alliance's governance.
The Alliance encourages joint programming with our Institutional Members and actively promotes the events and activities they sponsor. The relationship with Institutional Members also facilitates joint preservation projects by classes and individual students and in placing interns at the Alliance.