- Advocacy Information Center
The Boston Preservation Alliance values your support of its efforts to positively influence the future of Boston’s historic buildings, landscapes, and communities. Membership in the Alliance gives you the opportunity to support our city’s one-of-a-kind resources and have a say in the future of your Boston.
We hope that you will consider joining the Alliance today, and do your part to preserve Boston’s invaluable heritage!
Organizational Members provide essential guidance to the Alliance's Board of Directors and staff regarding important local historic preservation issues. The Alliance, in turn, provides regular advocacy assistance to our Organizational Members. Organizations that are members of the Alliance appoint two delegates to the corporation to represent their organization and vote on matters pertaining to the Alliance's governance at our Annual Meeting, which is held every October. The Alliance promotes the events and activities sponsored by our Organizational Members and organizational delegates are invited to participate in Alliance programs. The Alliance commonly works together on joint programming with our Organizational Members.
Organizational Membership to the Alliance is by invitation only. We welcome inquiries from organizations that share the Alliance's vision to improve tomorrow's built heritage.
If your organization would like to work with the Alliance, please contact us anytime at 617-367-2458.
- Art Deco Society of Boston
- Beacon Hill Civic Association
- Boston Athenaeum
- Boston Building Resources
- Boston By Foot
- The Bostonian Society
- Bricklayers & Allied Craftsmen, Union Local 3
- Brighton-Allston Historical Society
- Charlestown Preservation Society
- Chinese Historical Society of New England
- Dorchester Historical Society
- Eliot School
- The Esplanade Association
- Friends of the Public Garden
- Gibson House Museum
- Historic Boston Incorporated
- Historic New England
- Institute for Classical Architecture & Art, New England Chapter
- Jamaica Plain Historical Society
- Leather District Neighborhood Association
- Museum of African American History
- Neighborhood Association of the Back Bay
- Nichols House Museum
- North Bennet Street School
- Old North Church
- Old South Meeting House
- Paul Revere Memorial Association
- Preservation Massachusetts
- South Boston Historical Society
- South End Historical Society
- Trinity Church Boston
- The Victorian Society in America, New England Chapter
- The Vilna Shul, Boston's Center for Jewish Culture
- The West End Museum
Accredited colleges and universities that offer classes in historic preservation related fields are eligible for Institutional Membership. Institutions that are members of the Alliance appoint two delegates to represent their institution and vote on matters pertaining to the Alliance's governance.
The Alliance encourages joint programming with our Institutional Members and actively promotes the events and activities they sponsor. The relationship with Institutional Members also facilitates joint preservation projects by classes and individual students and in placing interns at the Alliance.